Monday 31 October 2011

A GREAT JEWISH JOKE..


From Gilad Atzmon
October 31, 2011.

Harry and Esther are flying to Australia for a 3 week holiday to celebrate their 40th anniversary.
Suddenly, over the public address system, the Captain announces, “Ladies and Gentlemen, I am afraid I have some very bad news. Our engines have ceased functioning and we will attempt an emergency landing.

Luckily, I see an uncharted island below us and we should be able to land on the beach. However, the odds are that we may never be rescued and will have to live on the island for the rest of our lives.”

Thanks to the skill of the flight crew, the plane lands safely on the island. 

An hour later Harry turns to his wife and asks, “Esther, did we pay our Kol Nidre charity pledge to the Synagogue yet?”

“No, sweetheart,” she responds. 

Harry, still shaken from the crash landing then asks, “Esther, did we pay our United Jewish Israel Appeal pledge?”

”Oh, no! I’m sorry. I forgot to send the cheque, she says.

“How about the ADL?” he asks.

“No Harry, I forgot.”

“One last thing, Esther. Did you remember to send a cheque for the Jewish Care appeal this month?” he asks. 

“Forgive me, Harry,” begged Esther. “I was so excited about our holiday that I didn’t send that one, either.” 

Harry grabs her and gives her the biggest hug and kiss in 40 years.

Esther pulls away and asks him, ” So, why did you kiss me?”  

Harry answers, “They’ll find us.”

1 comment:

  1. Hey Noor,...Haaa ha, it is so bizzare that we all know this, even they know how tight they are, yet for a goy to make this same joke, would (will, yikes) be denounced as anti-schlemitic.

    Laughter is the best medicine; thanks for the endorphin rush (grin).

    veritas

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is not posted, it was deemed offensive.